Thursday, April 6, 2017

Social Reset Time....

Every once in a while I need to "turn off" in order to refocus. Previously, I used to think this meant that I had to delete all my friends and start over. Now I've realized that I can just fall off the face of the planet so to speak and people won't mind as long as I make sure to come back.

I've been a bit over connected lately, which is ok as I have shared a lot with friends over the past few months.  Now that we are into the later part of march, I've decided that I am going to take some time for myself. Re-evaluate what I'm going to do for the rest of the year and beyond.

Try to get back into writing and focus more on being alone with myself and more real life human contact with people. There are great people all around me that I interact with daily through routine and by chance. I want to look up from the screen and say hi with a smile to strangers.

My goal is to focus on me, and the people in front of me until the beginning of April. Write some new stories, tell some old ones, get a new tattoo and think about the passions of my life, what sort of future I want to build, and what I intend on achieving in the next year.

To do this, I am going to do the following;

Voicemail - deactivated
Email - disconnected
Phone - set to family only calls/texts (my phone is set to ignore all calls that aren't on the list of family)
Facebook - logged out
Instagram - logged out

I will continue to follow my routine, I'll do things I enjoy doing, when I feel like it and allow the universe to provide me what I need when I need it.

Think about it like I'm on a safari for three weeks, or I'm in an insane asylum for three weeks with no visitors allowed. Whatever you need to do to get through it.

Think about me at random, say hi whenever you need to, but don't be hurt if there's no reply. I'm just doing me, this is what I want right now, I know it's hard to live without me,  but I don't keep people in my life that aren't amazing and strong so I know in my heart of hearts that you can survive this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment